Re: Navaid devices servo

Subject: Re: Navaid devices servo
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:36:58
>In the process of installing my Navaid devices servo, and somewhat
>disconcerted to find
>that it feels somewhat gritty, particularly over about 60% of the travel -
>there doesn't
>seem to be any method of adjusting the clearance between the last two
>gears, which is
>where the problem obviously lies.
>
>Anyone else had this problem, and come up with any solutions (other than
>sending it
>back).......?
>
>Miles

I think I have seen that before. Long time ago, dim memory suggests it was
due to one of the gears being slightly asymmetric. you might cure it by
rotating one of the gears 180 degrees?

Remember that you need to adjust the clutch after test flying so will need
to take the cover off. The most convenient place for the servo (IMHO) is
just in front of the vertical seat bottom front web, with a bracket bolted
to the stick fork. A curved cover from the front edge of the seat down to
the floor adds to comfort and is easy to remove for inspection and adjustment.

We have 200 hours of trouble free Navaid service. It is a valuable aid when
things get awkward, which they always do, some time.

Graham