Re: Navaid devices servo

Subject: Re: Navaid devices servo
From: Bill McClellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:43:00
Miles,

I am just now fitting my navaid servo.  Working out the geometry.  I am
putting it under the right seat which is a tight fit but doable.  I have
called Navaid and they have been helpful.  Have you called them yet?  I
haven't asked for additional linkage parts yet but will shortly, they
say to just let them know what's needed.  Any particular problems and
solutions on mounting your servo?  Where did you mount it?  At this
point I do not have the gritty feel with the servo unmounted.

Bill McClellan
A164

Miles McCallum wrote:

> In the process of installing my Navaid devices servo, and somewhat
> disconcerted
to find
> that it feels somewhat gritty, particularly over about 60% of the travel -
> there
doesn't
> seem to be any method of adjusting the clearance between the last two gears,
which is
> where the problem obviously lies.
>
> Anyone else had this problem, and come up with any solutions (other than
> sending
it