Re: Navaid devices servo

Subject: Re: Navaid devices servo
From: Bill McClellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:25:50
Thanks Terry,  That's similar to my plan but current concern is with the
access hole I cut, the front corner of the thigh support is considerably
weakened (right where placing a foot when entering the cockpit) and I am
thinking of floxing some blue foam in and laying up over it under the
support front corner instead of the weight of many glass plys.  How long
is your actuating lever arm on the torque tube from its centerline?  And
which hole in the servo arm did you use?

Thanks,
Bill

Terry Seaver wrote:

> Bill McClellan wrote:
>
> > Miles,
> >
> > I am just now fitting my navaid servo.  Working out the geometry.  I am
> > putting it under the right seat which is a tight fit but doable.  I have
> > called Navaid and they have been helpful.  Have you called them yet?  I
> > haven't asked for additional linkage parts yet but will shortly, they
> > say to just let them know what's needed.  Any particular problems and
> > solutions on mounting your servo?  Where did you mount it?  At this
> > point I do not have the gritty feel with the servo unmounted.
> >
> > Bill McClellan
> > A164
> >
> > Miles McCallum wrote:
> > >
> > > In the process of installing my Navaid devices servo, and somewhat
> > > disconcerted
to find
> > > that it feels somewhat gritty, particularly over about 60% of the travel
- there doesn't
> > > seem to be any method of adjusting the clearance between the last two
> > > gears,
which is