Re: Navaid devices servo

Subject: Re: Navaid devices servo
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@intercept.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:43:15
The "gritty" feeling was caused (in mine) by the output shaft gears
being too tightly engaged. The output shaft bearing is supported by
flimsy alloy plate, secured with tiny screws allowing it to flex. There
is no provision for adjustment.

You could try slackening these screws and tapping the plate.

After much deliberation, I replaced this plate with one 165 x 110 x 5mm
alclad,
machined to accept the bearing and mount the servo under
the seat, with the plate forming a flush front face to the seat squab.

It now feels very smooth and is noticeably quieter in operation.

Nigel