RE: Instruments

Subject: RE: Instruments
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:02:48

Tony

Not sure if I got any
replies, but RMI advise that you shouldn't rip out the ASI,
altimeter, and compass but slot the encoder into the hole
for the VSI.

I'd second that, don't be totally dependent upon it. The microencoder on UBD
went on the blink in the south island. The unit was still working - it just
wouldn't display anything. I suspect that the 35c ambient temperature
outside during the afternoon didn't really help a lot. When it is working,
the microencoder is my primary flight reference and sits centre top in the
panel.

Tony