FW: "A PLANE IS BORN"

Subject: FW: "A PLANE IS BORN"
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 21:28:45

Hi! Guys.
Well I managed to get my neighbour to kindly record today's episode .
I just watched it and managed to fall to sleep, still making my mind up as
to whether it was the programme or my current bodily state!
However I can report that the picture quality is good, the sound editing in
places leaves a bit to be desired, the content of the aircraft build work
was interesting for me since it was an XS "aero fix" wing , however there
was not a drop of corrosion protection  to be seen!
IMHO :- and without prejudice ! The overall content was really directed at a
wide general public audience perhaps with little or no previous knowledge of
aircraft
or flying. There was considerable time dedicated to Mark's learning to fly,
and some secondary consideration of the Pietenpol Camper Aircraft. Neither
of which really contained any interest to me.
I think that I would be very cautious to take much of the learning curve on
board other than the general arrangement of parts, there could be potential
for being unwittingly misled.
For instance he talks of "gluing" instead of "bonding"! without any
reference to the importance of abrading necessary and I saw one ply of bid
going into place
with Mark mentioning that a further two plys were to follow,
(when? -straight away before curing or later after the first ply had cured
etc. ?) Furthermore the amount of epoxy he used was "without caution"
(better to use black bin bag liners to wet out bid on, that way you can see
exactly how little you can get away with)
Generally I was bored , but of course I'd "been there, done that" and what's
more I had the benefit of Kit100 Mk1 (G-OGAN) five miles away considerably
more advanced than my steed which was a "not inconsiderable leg up " for
me.?

Hope this puts things in a reasonable perspective and helps you all to
evaluate your real requirement, without causing you any confusion.
To be frank,at one stage last week I was running about "like a headless
chicken
shouting who's got SKY " Must get copies , must get copies----- must get
copies
but now having seen this episode  NO THANKS I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

Hope to see some of you at the Christmas Dinner tomorrow.

Regards to all.

Bob Harrison  G-PTAG.