RE: "A PLANE IS BORN"

Subject: RE: "A PLANE IS BORN"
From: Tony Wickens <tonywickens@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:26:28
Hi Everyone
Bob has a very good point. We need to see the tape, which might be good
entertainment but beware using such material as an easy version of the
builder's manual. You have to try to figure out the motive for making such a
film, which might have the highest ideals of the homebuilding movement at
heart but I am old enough to have a bad case of cynicism. I guess most
builders would still like a copy and I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.
The Bob Cringely, Plane Crazy series may have been good entertainment but in
my view we can do without more of that sort of thing. I think the guys and
gals who made this Europa build series took on a big job and carry a great
deal of responsibility for hopefully showing the great care and excellent
workmanship which goes into the vast majority of homebuild aircraft. Lets
not pre judge it, but I for one am holding my breath.
Good building
Tony Wickens XS 353