"A PLANE IS BORN"

Subject: "A PLANE IS BORN"
From: Sweeting Paul <paul.sweeting@hyder.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:45:30
Update on Yesterdays program, episode number 4 I think??
Mark Evans (the europa builder /tv presenter / vet) was constructing 'The
Chock' at europa factory.
They looked at shaping the foam, the mixing process, the bid and uni cloths,
importance of laying fibres at 30 degrees to each other, adding micro to
make a lighter slurry, and lots of tips on laying the cloth, cutting etc.

Mark's also learning to fly at Gloucester airport..., second lesson attitude
and
balanced, straight and level flight.

The last segment at the workshop was a demonstration of the strength of his
chock, by requesting his producer to drive a car over it.
They made a start on the rudder, shaping and then commencing the composite
work, they made a complete botch of laying the cloth the first time, so had
to use a second piece of cloth.

Bob to elliviate one of your concerns, they are not infering at all the task
is simple.
In fact in a light hearted way they are demonstrating, a lot of thought
effort and hard work has to go in.

Have to go home to set the video for todays programme.
later
Paul Sweeting

p.s. Going to view an house on saturday that has quite a bit of ground at
the rear, lots of scope for a large workshop :-)