Grand Rapids EIS problem !

Subject: Grand Rapids EIS problem !
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 03:45:19
Message text written by "Carl Pattinson"
>Unfortunately we have hit a problem with our Grand Rapids EIS which we
have been unable to solve. Both the CHT and EGT displays dont seem to work.
We get a constant reading of approximately 25C or 80F (depending on which
is selected Cor F) and this does not change regardless of the temperature
of the probes.

We have checked for continuity of wiring up to the point of the D connector
which enters the unit at the back and all seems to be OK. The unit is
properly earthed with relation to the engine, and the polarity of the wires
are correct.
<

To confirm the senders are OK use a DVM to measure the voltage output. It
will only be a few millivolts but it should increase when you warm the
sender with a hot air gun.

I am not familiar with the Grand Rapids unit so am unable to comment about
that.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

Nigel Charles