Re: Grand Rapids EIS problem !

Subject: Re: Grand Rapids EIS problem !
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:21:45
I am awaiting a call from the folks at Grand Rapids. Greg T was out at lunch
when I rang.

Thanks for your comments John, I also noticed the rise in temperature as the
unit heats up. This seems to be the only reading that I get on the EGT/CHT
displays. When the unit is switched on it starts at about 15C and then
gradually rises to about 25C. I didnt realise what this was till you
mentioned it. Unfortunately, taking a blowtorch to the EGT probes has no
effect whatsoever on the display. It is as though something inside the unit
is disconnected.

I am hoping there is a simple fix but I am getting a feeling it may be more
serious.