Re: Grand Rapids EIS problem !

Subject: Re: Grand Rapids EIS problem !
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:32:58
Hi Graham,

Hope all is well.

Greg from GRT rang me tonight and it seems as though I have a faulty unit.
He has mailed me a replacement out today. Very nice helpful guy.

There was one thing I meant to ask him but I am sure you have the answer.

For some reason my owner manual does not cover the oil pressure guage
readings(on the EIS). Most of the warning parameters activate the warning
lamp for an over temperature condition. Would I be right in thinking that
with the oil pressure the light stays on until the selected pressure is
reached. I noticed when I keyed in 62psi which is the maximum pressure
(secified by Rotax),  the warning lamp stayed on all the time.

Can you confirm that my assumptiion is correct.

Carl Pattinson