Re: Grand Rapids EIS problem !

Subject: Re: Grand Rapids EIS problem !
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:47:12
>Unfortunately we have hit a problem with our Grand Rapids EIS which we
>have been unable to solve. Both the CHT and EGT displays dont seem to
>work. We get a constant reading of approximately 25C or 80F (depending on
>which is selected Cor F) and this does not change regardless of the
>temperature of the probes.
>
>We have checked for continuity of wiring up to the point of the D
>connector which enters the unit at the back and all seems to be OK. The
>unit is properly earthed with relation to the All indications at the
>moment suggest a problem with the unit.

Hi Carl,
Never had a problem with one before. You could test the sensors on a
sensitive meter. The EGT should show a very small voltage when heated in a
flame. I think the CHT sensor is a resistance. Heat in boiling water and
look for a change.

Best plan would be to ring Greg Toman and ask his advise. He can usually
diagnose these things over the phone and is very helpful. Michigan is about
6 hours behind us I think.
Graham