Re: Things that go bump in the flight

Subject: Re: Things that go bump in the flight
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 00:13:59
>Having proclaimed the 912s carb icing free, it was an emotional setback to
>find that Bob at Europa Florida put their bump down to carb icing.
>Particularly when I have flown various types in Florida which almost all have
>none working carb heaters. ("We dont need those things out here"), Why should
>our beloved Europa be the exemption I ask?

The only Bump in flight I had was in a glider. It was during a ridge
soaring flight with other gliders about, all at the same height. It was a
good hour before I worked out that I had flown through wake turbulence from
one of them and it was enough to rattle the airframe.
I training one should have been shown flying through ones own wake in a
tight turn, or indeed a loop. Proof of accurate flying.

Graham