RE: Filter clogging

Subject: RE: Filter clogging
From: Mark Chetwynd-Talbot <markt@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 08:24:59
Dear Bryan,

I am trying to decide whether to change to a gascolator, so these are my
thoughts.

You wrote:-

"Perhaps you will recall, however, that my clear filters sit on the floor
under the lift up seats. On pre-flight I lift the seat, lift the filter, and
inspect for sedimental reasons."

So what do you do when you see that there is some sediment in one of the
filters? Assess whether you think it might cause a problem on the next
flight, unscrew the jubilee clips each end - after clamping and possibly
damaging the rubber hose - and replace the filter? What a hassel it is.

If the Gascolator eliminates this I would go for it - I think!

Mark