Re: Filter clogging

Subject: Re: Filter clogging
From: ami mcfadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:00:13
To add to the mystery, the fineness of the dust that collects by
electrostatic precipitation on the inside of the tank (and everywhere else
on the aircraft!) has always seemed to me to be alot finer than the filter
mesh apperture size so that most of it would pass through.

I would estimate that the Purolator mesh size is no smaller than100 microns
(m x 10-6); (would someone care to measure that?). Thats the size of fine
sand. Or, by way of other comparison, Expancel microballoons average 40
microns.

Duncan McFadyean