Re: Filter clogging

Subject: Re: Filter clogging
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:02:59
In a message dated 09/11/2000 08:24:20 GMT Standard Time, markt@avnet.co.uk
writes:

<< So what do you do when you see that there is some sediment in one of the
 filters? Assess whether you think it might cause a problem on the next
 flight, unscrew the jubilee clips each end - after clamping and possibly
 damaging the rubber hose - and replace the filter? What a hassel it is.

 If the Gascolator eliminates this I would go for it - I think!

I am sorry, but I cannot advise you on this. I have not experienced any
sediment to remove, but I think that the filters that I have were supplied in
the kit with strong spring clips which you open with plier jaws and slide
off. You only need to remove one end to be able to unscrew the assembly and
takeout the filter element.

If you fancy a gascolator. I would suggest that you go ahead. It is likely
that GS can advise better than I, and he can supply them too.

Best regards Bryan