RE: Routing rudder cables

Subject: RE: Routing rudder cables
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:30:39
I agree with your conclusion, and used a similar approach.

My rudder cables are enclosed in Nylo-Seal tubing (from Aircraft Spruce,
naturally) from the pulleys aft, but since my XS is still under construction
the rear termination point for the tubing has not been established.  My
reason for using the tubing is to protect the cables from wear (and it just
didn't seem like a good idea to have loose cables flapping in the breeze, so
to speak).  Since the cable that is forward of the pulleys needs to follow
the arc of the pedal arm it did not seem to be a good idea to restrict the
cables, and designing a scheme to permit articulation of the tubing is too
tedious; ergo, no tubing there.  Hmmm, now that I think about it, there is
also an arc at the rudder end of the cables; I'll have to give this a bit
more thought (or wait for others to comment on your inquiry).

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070