Re: Routing rudder cables

Subject: Re: Routing rudder cables
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:08:42
Pops,

Before you cut the cables to fit the tubing, consider installing the nylon
tube over them by slitting it (more or less) lengthways.  I tried this
expecting poor results but it worked a treat.

My tubes run from just behind the rudder pedals to the rear of the baggage
compartment.  Friction isn't a problem.  When examining where the cable can
foul, pedal the pedals furiously to generate slack in them - this brings out
the worst case (Mine hung up on one of the bolt heads in the main wheel bush
(ie. you get an option - land with full left rudder or the gear up).

Good luck

Dave Simpson