RE: Routing rudder cables

Subject: RE: Routing rudder cables
From: Chuck Popenoe <cpops@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:46:23
Hi Europaphiles-

My rudder cables were all routed and swaged permanently in place, but,
never satisfied, I'm thinking that I should have run them through nylon
tubing.  I'm about to cut them out and redo them with adjusting turnbuckles
and teflon-lined nylon tubing.  I could also use some words of wisdom from
our erudite group regarding just how much of the cable should be enclosed
in the tubing.  I'm considering running the tubing from the forward rub
strips back to the pulleys.  But how about another piece from the aft
side of the pulley to the plywood stabilator weight support?  Does that
make any sense?

If I keep redoing previous work, I may never get finished!!

Pops
A036