RE: Fuel system layout

Subject: RE: Fuel system layout
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:06:42

>  I forget what size the cables are but not the smallest , I think No.2
> gauge. I am seriously
>considering moving the whole set up back to the front even with the
>possibility of needing rearward ballast because of the heavy MT Propeller!

Starters need amps in hundreds not tens. That means cable size is critical,
as is the number of connections in the cable.Each one costs Ohms. Read
Bob's calculation example on the effect of tenths of an ohm at 300 amps.
Best batteries according to Bob who knows these things, are the gas
recombinant types. Wet lead acid are risky, especially in epoxy glass
environment, messy and don't give good current dumping because of high
internal resistance.

Graham