Re: TP5-TP6?

Subject: Re: TP5-TP6?
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 00:10:59

>My first thoughts are to make some sort of collet fixturing to hold the out
>board bushing in place and positioned securly while shoving the torque tube
>in. Once the tube sufficiently inserted the angled inboard busing can be
>tapped in over the end of the tube and held in place till setting occurs.
The
>torque tube to be sprayed with silicone to minimize the epoxy adhering to it.

Whatever you do don't don't allow any silicone within a mile of your
airplane. Use a proper release wax, available from fiberglass etc
suppliers. Silicone spreads everywhere and will ruin some of the bonds you
want to be good.  It will also ruin your paint job a couple of years down
the road. Also make sure you don't touch the bonding surface of the bushes
with waxed gloves or bare hands.

I've never actually installed the bushes, ours were already done,  so I'll
let others advise on the set up. You do need to be accurate though.

Graham