Re: TP5-TP6?

Subject: Re: TP5-TP6?
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:53:35
>When trial fitting the bushings in the talplanes, the fit, as expected, is
>very loose in the tail plane and very tight on the torque tube.

More than one of my bushes was a rather tight fit on the torque tube and
witness marks inside the bushes when they came off showed that they were
slightly oval, not uniformly but more at one end than the other.  A small
amount of careful (!) squeezing of the bushes made them a comfortable
sliding fit.  (And, no, I hadn't dropped them .. :-) )

John Cliff