hot cockpit

Subject: hot cockpit
From: 113-22 Scherer Thomas DN=113-22 <11322@ZENTRALE.AA.bund400.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 13:14:15
as a follow-up on my message on sound- and heat proofing the
engine compartment I wanted to introduce you to the material I
used on my plane with results that were better than expected:

Aircraft Spruce Catalogue of 98 - 99 lists on page 298 an item
called "Sound and Vibration Damping Tape", P/N 09-30200.

I purchased 2 pc. of the 6 inch by 48 inch tapes and found that
to be sufficient for a Europa-firewall. I have to add, that you might
want to buy a third tape if you wish to also cover the stainless
steel homemade firewall-center. ( I am using Graham Singletons
firewall center and had previously already covered it with AL-tape
without foam).

I'd suggest the Aluminum Foil Tape, P/N 09-30300 to cover
any open edges.

Hope this helps,

<Thomas, kit # 81>