Re: Hot Cockpit

Subject: Re: Hot Cockpit
From: dg.watts@virgin.net
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:13:59
Gerry Holland wrote
> My idea is to have to switchable vents in rear bulkhead connected to
> this device so I can control the rate of extraction, albeit crudely.

Sorry Gerry but that will not work. Much as you would expect the air to
go from the cockpit out through the D Panel it in fact works the other
way and air comes in to the cockpit through the rear D Panel.

In fact it might well be the answer to Garys problem. We put 2 seperate
3 inch holes in the D panel but the blast of cold air that came into the
cockpit and hit us on the back of the neck has made us cover them back
up.

In the UK we personally find the temps quite bearable, except when we
are taxying, and then you can hold a door slightly open to help (and we
are not hot loving people, we like it cold, especially skiing type
cold).

Dave Watts G-BXDY