Re: Hot Cockpit

Subject: Re: Hot Cockpit
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 13:58:26
Gary Hi!

As my Europa has a way to go for completion I'm probably not a world's
expert on ventilation for flying conditions as yet.

I have thought ahead a little and have actively started to consider a
better airflow through the cabin. Even in UK most light aircraft create
'hot cabin' conditions in summer. Very few seem to have sorted other
than those with Air Con.

The positive side is that you can 'down' a few beers for medicinal
purposes to replace lost body fluids when returning to base!

Its all very  well having vents into A/C but extraction of heat is as
important. I have made up a vent system based on some info. found on the
Web which might be worth you looking at.

I wont even explain the principle as it is documented at:

http://www.omnispace.com/vision/Extractor.htm

I think it may be worth considering.

My idea is to have to switchable vents in rear bulkhead connected to
this device so I can control the rate of extraction, albeit crudely.

I will still use NACA type vents for normal airflow and control.

This may sound like the 'ramblings' of a mad man (probably is!) but is
worth a thought.

Kind Regards

Gerry

Europa 384 G-DDSC

*** PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF DIRECT PHONE AND FAX NUMBER ***

Gerry Holland                                   Direct Line : +44 7071 227887
IntraNet Solutions Inc                          Switchboard : +44 1753 701072
Strategic Business Manager EMEA Operations      Direct Fax  : +44 1761 437590
The Nova Building, Herschel Street              Mobile      : +44 7808 402404
Slough, Berks. SL1 1XS

mailto:gerry.holland@intranetsol.com

Corporate Office:
8091 Wallace Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Tel No. 001 612 903 2000

Corporate Web Site     : http://www.intranetsol.com
UK & Europe Web Site   : http://www.intranetsol.co.uk