Re: Aileron hinges

Subject: Re: Aileron hinges
From: gowingjr <gowingjr@acr.net.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:17:29
Graham Singleton wrote:

> >Gents,
> >
> >I'm about to attach the aileron hinges but something in the manual is
> >puzzling me (beyond my usual state of lower level comprehension).  It
> >states that when putting the hinges in place to ensure that "...the
> >distance from the hinge pin to the AN4-10A bolt is exactly the same for
> >each aileron."
>
> The issue is aileron/stick gearing. The distance refered to is that between
> the center of the drive bolt AN4 10A and the center of the hinge wire. You
> should make a little jig and use it to set up the two A2 plates, checking
> both the radius hinge to bolt and the angle of the radius to the bottom of
> the aileron.
>
> BTW I always flox the hinges to the aileron holding the position with skin
> pins, and let the flox cure before the pop rivets are pullled. That way the
> flange won't be distorted by the rivetting forces. Make sense?
>
> Graham

Graham

Your advice sounds good but would you please describe the "skin pins"
you are suggesting Steve G should use so the rest of us followers can
benefit too?

While you are at the keyboard you might also tell us do you have, and
how can we get, an illustrated pricelist of all the bits and pieces you
sell such as the phenolic firewall, the rudder bell crank mod on the
extended tailwheel etc etc?

I realise that to us in Australia prior approvals would be needed before
use here and hence we would require details to submit.

Bob Gowing (Kit 327, XS fuselage, classic wings)