Re: Aileron hinges

Subject: Re: Aileron hinges
From: Jim Graham <jlgraham@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:47:44
Graham Singleton wrote:

> BTW I always flox the hinges to the aileron holding the position with skin
> pins, and let the flox cure before the pop rivets are pullled. That way the
> flange won't be distorted by the rivetting forces. Make sense?

If it makes sense for the ailerons (and it does), it would also seem to make
sense
on the rudder
hinges, which is just where I am now.  Did you just apply a light edge coat of
flox for light
bonding, or a very light coat of flox under the hinges, or what?  Not entirely
clear, and even
ideas that make sense need to be executed as intended...  Thanks.
Jim Graham
A-101 (Finally actually building something...)