Aileron hinges

Subject: Aileron hinges
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 23:49:06
Gents,

I'm about to attach the aileron hinges but something in the manual is
puzzling me (beyond my usual state of lower level comprehension).  It
states that when putting the hinges in place to ensure that "...the
distance from the hinge pin to the AN4-10A bolt is exactly the same for
each aileron."

This made sense the first time I read it, but now as I get close to
actually performing this task, I'm all muddled as to how I should go
about it.  What's the best way to measure this distance?  Is this
measurement to be taken from both hinges, or just the root's?  What is
the best remedy if there is a difference?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Steve "Why do these things always pop up late Friday night?" Genotte