Re: Aileron hinges

Subject: Re: Aileron hinges
From: Kesterton@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:24:11
It is essential that this distance is the same both sides, or the ailerons
will not move the same amount each side. The important distance is between
the hinge wire and the bolt. The way I did it (in fact redid it, about 5
times as much as work as doing it right first time) was to make a jig out of
tufnol to position the bolts.

The jig has one hole the size of the bolt shaft, and one the size of the the
hinge wire, drilled parallel and at the correct distance. I removed the hinge
wire and put a straight piece of wire through the jig and the hinge, and the
bolt into the hole and did the glassing work. Same jig of course used on the
other side.The jig needs a bit of shaping to make it all work. it also
ensures that the bolt is parallel to the hinge wire.

Roddy Kesterton (builder 220)

In a message dated 7/17/99 5:51:22 AM GMT Daylight Time,