Re: Aileron hinges

Subject: Re: Aileron hinges
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:52:30
>Gents,
>
>I'm about to attach the aileron hinges but something in the manual is
>puzzling me (beyond my usual state of lower level comprehension).  It
>states that when putting the hinges in place to ensure that "...the
>distance from the hinge pin to the AN4-10A bolt is exactly the same for
>each aileron."

The issue is aileron/stick gearing. The distance refered to is that between
the center of the drive bolt AN4 10A and the center of the hinge wire. You
should make a little jig and use it to set up the two A2 plates, checking
both the radius hinge to bolt and the angle of the radius to the bottom of
the aileron.

BTW I always flox the hinges to the aileron holding the position with skin
pins, and let the flox cure before the pop rivets are pullled. That way the
flange won't be distorted by the rivetting forces. Make sense?

Graham