Re: Audio mixer

Subject: Re: Audio mixer
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:04:23
James

If you really mean loudspeaker, then simply connect a buffer resistor,
about 33 ohms should do it, in series with each radio output, on the hi
side, then connect their junction to the speaker hi. Common the lo
connections.

If you mean headset phones, then adopt the same principle, but use about
470 ohms.

Incidentally, many radios have an auxiliary input.  A more elegant solution
to your problem is to allocate one radio as the master, with its output
connected normally, and the second as slave, feeding into the auxiliary
input of the first.  That way you hear both radios.  Check the handbook to
make sure you don't exceed the maximum input signal on the aux. input.
(Usually a few hundered millivolts).

Good luck.

Dave Simpson #47 (and still no top on)