Re: Audio mixer

Subject: Re: Audio mixer
From: bryan.wilkinson <aa4bwi@zen.sunderland.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:25:17

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, James Naylor wrote:

> A question for the radio experts out there.---
>
> I want to connect two radio's together so that I can switch to either for
> transmit and receive, with the option to receive on both.  I know audio
> panels are available commercially, but they usually contain Markers ADF etc
> which I do not need, not to mention the cost.
>
> The only problem I have encountered, is feeding the two audio outputs into
> one speaker at the same time.  Some form of isolation circuit is required
> to prevent the two radios trying to drive each other backwards, so to
> speak.
>
> I'm sure there must be a simple design that could be built into a small box
> with just one switch for selecting the radio (I have got this far) and one
> to select the speaker for both or individual.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Jim Naylor

Are you sure you * can not * have indiviadual speakers ? the relative
weight penalty can't be that bad - one way would be to put one speaker
behind the other ,  in such a way that the air shifted by the one behind
finds it's way past the front one - ie  it ain't trying to move that
speaker's cone. Make the front one smaller  & mount it separetely.

I wouldn't suspect that the encrgy generated by the un - driven speaker
would be signiicant ....

nasty ascii time  :-

    _________________________________

                /