Audio mixer

Subject: Audio mixer
From: James Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:51:20
A question for the radio experts out there.---

I want to connect two radio's together so that I can switch to either for
transmit and receive, with the option to receive on both.  I know audio
panels are available commercially, but they usually contain Markers ADF etc
which I do not need, not to mention the cost.

The only problem I have encountered, is feeding the two audio outputs into
one speaker at the same time.  Some form of isolation circuit is required
to prevent the two radios trying to drive each other backwards, so to
speak.

I'm sure there must be a simple design that could be built into a small box
with just one switch for selecting the radio (I have got this far) and one
to select the speaker for both or individual.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Naylor