Doubling up electrickerey thingies

Subject: Doubling up electrickerey thingies
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:30:04
Here's one Gotchya.

Don't ever connect two wires to carry one load. I know of an instance where
two wires were taken from the battery and one failed the other took all the
load and caused a fire which brought the aircraft to an immediate stop.
Luckily the pilot landed in a cropped field and there was no serious damage
to the aircraft or injuries to the pilot.

I am going to run a heavy earth wire from the battery to the engine and
then a lighter one from the engine to a common earth point on the fire
wall. If the Earth to the engine fails all the earths fail. On an MG I once
owned the throttle cable burnt out when the engine was not correctly
earthed but the chassis was.

I think this is a good idea but I am prepared to be put right if not.

Jerry
                                         Flying Hi - Wish I was
                                       jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk