Re: Audio mixer

Subject: Re: Audio mixer
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:31:24
James,
I recommend you feed each radio output to your intercom via your switch
panel - each output in series with a 600 ohm resistor 1/4 watt - the input
impedance of the intercom is nominally 600 ohm - so you should mix the
signals without risk. If you find the volume too low, reduce the resistor
values to whatever the radio handbook recommends as a minimum load
impedance - be careful to select the correct wattage.
If you don't have an intercom you really need some form of buffer amplifier
to feed the loudspeaker or phones - or I remember Bob Nuckolls produced a
"Roll your own" intercom circuit.
Roger Mills
C/N 141