Re: Tri-Gear Changeover

Subject: Re: Tri-Gear Changeover
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:01:24
Graham -- re your aft rudder system design --

That's pretty much what I concocted, and I agree with strength of the metal
needed.  I am planning to attach the cables with AN115 cable shackles and
clevis pins, too.  Reasoning is to ease maintenance, as any later disassembly
(and assembly) is a one-hand operation thru the access hole, which I placed
out of sight on the bottom of the fuse (having the tri-gear permits this).
Similarly, liberal use of nut plates helps too, and my EAA Technical
Consigliere likes to see replaceable bearing surfaces for the clevis pins, so
bronze bushings take care of that.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063

<< My system has two triangular brackets mounted on the back of the bulkhead,
 across the full width so that the load is fed into the skins. Stop bolts to
 limit rudder travel and the tailwheel cables attached to give enough
 gearing to provide adequate turning capability. The bellcrank is 1/8th inch
 4130 and the brackets 1/16th 2402. >>