Re: exhaust pipe "failures"

Subject: Re: exhaust pipe "failures"
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 19:18:42
>>why can't Europa's manufacturer  make them anymore? Apperently they did
the very first exhausts in stainless
steel and then stopped.<<

Grussen Klaus. they had a couple of cracked down pipes, probably caused by
unbalanced props and the weight of the silencer. The makers got frightened
at the risk of product liability and decided mild steel was the answer.
WRONG !?! {:-)

In a recent Sport Aviation there was a very nice 4 into 1 exhaust on a
Kitfox, bit of a waste but no matter. That would be nice. There is also a
nice but different 4 into 1 on a certain French plane from Dijon. I'm sure
Christoph Robin would give you a price.

Easiest answer is to return to stainless but support the weight of the
exhaust system at the rear from the lower engine mount tube. Tested so far
to 130 hours on GK Whip. Our exhausts are wrapped up to the cylinder head
and are stainless.

Graham