Re: exhaust pipe "failures"

Subject: Re: exhaust pipe "failures"
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:52:15
Re my earlier note on copper slip. Ensure the pipes are not likeley to slip
apart. It can be very embarressing.

I am not sure that the Ban-bi exhaust (proposed by Graham) would fit a
Europa. The Ban-bi installation is very tight and the first silencer passes
close behind the back of the 912. Also at over 1000 pounds before VAT it is
not cheap. I am trying to decide whether to go for the French stainless
exhaust or having one made here. There is a possibility that I could bring
one back from France and offer it up to a Europa if there seemed sufficient
interest. Apart from a very minor problem (see note above) I am not aware
of any corrosion or cracking problems on the Ban-bi.

It may be better and cheaper to copy Graham's system using what I think is
a standard system with extra support.

Jerry