Re: exhaust pipe "failures"

Subject: Re: exhaust pipe "failures"
From: Rolph Muller <rolph@globalvt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 18:09:13
In message <199710250705_MC2-2510-762@compuserve.com>, Klaus Dietrich
<101613.3377@compuserve.com> writes
>I am wondering if I shall put some high
>heat resistance Molybdenum grease or similar so the next time I can
>disassemble the tubes from the main silencer box.   Any suggestions?
Klaus,
I guess you're up at the top temperature limit of MoS2. Suggest you
follow Jerry's advice and use a propriety anti-sieze compund - they
usually contain copper, MoS2 and lead ( or at least they used to) .
Molykote make a good one. Call Ulbrich Betriebsgesellschaft.m.b.H in
Tribuswinkel (02252 80213 - 0, fax 02252 80659). and if you get to speak
to the good Hans Ulbrich himself( he'll talk to anyone - but he's
usually travelling) give him my regards and ask him when he is coming to
see me!
--
Rolph Muller