Re: Spar vibration and trailering.

Subject: Re: Spar vibration and trailering.
From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <genottes@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 18:52:21
Graham Singleton wrote:

> >>my carpet loops fit perfectly, but the wings jumps up and down in them<<
>
> The cradle needs to be non elastic, and maybe have a bit of damping, then they
> won't leap about.
>
> Graham

Just a thought, could one support the cradle itself on a series of low
profile rubber disks to absorb the various bumps and other goings on?

This may be a crackpot suggestion, as I haven't even seen a trailer in
person, but I noticed some marks on a wing at OSH that looked like rub
marks from a trailer tie down and couldn't help but think what an awful
injustice it is to a builder to have a beautiful finish ruined by
trailering the aircraft.  After all, portability is a large reason the
Europa appeals to me.

Steve Genotte
rhymes with ...?