Re: Spar vibration and trailering.

Subject: Re: Spar vibration and trailering.
From: Kerry Lamb <kerrylamb@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:08:58
snip
>Using carpet strips still gives abrasion, and soon wears
>through and snaps (with disastrous results, unless the bottom of the loop
is
>supported by foam rubber or the like).  Any good solutions around ?

Graham,
While I have never pulled an aircraft on a trailer, I have 10s of thousands
of miles pulling small fiberglass sailboats, sometimes as many as 5 on a
trailer and 2 on the van.  We used carpet in the V the boat sat on, we also
used a piece of wood across the top again with carpet padding and between
the two a stretch rubber cord with hooks.  With this kind of arrangement
there was enough downward force that the boat and trailer moved together.

I expect that some similar way of adding gentle downward force along with
wider less stretchable straps underneath the wing with the carpet between
only used as padding should yield the desired results.

Hope this helps,
Kerry