Re: --- PANIC ---

Subject: Re: --- PANIC ---
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 09:06:38
hey, only one kit before me :-)

> How can I tell if the epoxy Ive used yesterday (and the days before)
> are O.K.  ???

A first (but only very basic) check....

Did you keep samples of each mix? If not then I would recommend it in the
future. Do you have some scraps out of mixing pots if you don't have the
sample?

First, cut the surface with a craft knife. It should have left a clean scrape
with no ridging. If there is ridging then the epoxy mix was badly out.

Second, cut a thin section out of the sample and submit it to the German snap
test. Simply apply force until it snaps. It should break with a clean
sounding snap, anything else is a reject.

Other than that, I suspect you may need some more expert advice - see your
technical counsellor or inspector.

Tony #272
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 358 9124