Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks

Subject: Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 09:22:29
In a message dated 10/12/96  12:45:08, you write:

<<  If it were 9g a half ton a/c would  appear to be 4
 1/2 tons unless you have a weird  slide rule Ron >>

Dear Graham   please do not offend my slide rule(thought you were a friend?)
 it may well sulk on me. I was referring to stress in  the front down tubes
so your 41/2 tons has to be  multiplied by four to take account of the
leaverage of the swinging arm which gives 16 tons for a 1/2 ton a/c  My rule
was working on MAUW of 1300lbs hence the approx 21tons,  calc says 20.89285
an a bit.   That however is the crude figure and only the contact face of the
tyre hits that hard.  After that the tyre and suspension system start to
modify the arrival and they in concert decide the shock imposed on the
airframe.  The tuning of the suspension block and damper  done by Europa
 should  take care of quite a load now they have thrown the nylon  stops away
 but the best idea is to arrive @  1.1 or 2.0 g then your Europa will love
(and serve) you forever. Interesting tho init???  Ron S No 33