Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks

Subject: Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks
From: Graham E Laucht <graham@ukavid.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 23:10:38
In message <961207200027_100421.2123_JHU80-2@CompuServe.COM>, Graham
Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com> writes

>Anyone have any idea what the effective spring rate is on the Europa
>suspension system?<<
>
>No but it shouldn't be hard to work out. Full deflection should be around 9 G.
>Or am I being too simple?

I think a 9g arrival might enable close inspection of tyre and brake
condition from within the cockpit.

General conditions for landing gear are in JAR-VLA 471 through 561 and
similarly stated in FAR23.471 through 562. Landing gear drop tests are
detailed in JAR-VLA 723 through 735 and FAR23.723 through 735

Both state vertical velocities of not more than 600fpm and not less than
420fpm and that the gear may not fail but may yield when simulating a
descent velocity of 1.2 times limit descent velocity when wing lift
equals the weight of the aircraft. Drop tests need not be more than
18.7" but not less than 9.2".

--
Graham E Laucht