Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks

Subject: Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 19:00:46
In a message dated 03/12/96  16:52:52, you write:

<< Should anyone wish to do so, they can purchase a new (black) rubber block
 replace the combination of the red rubber block and 1/4" plywood spacer. The
 price of the new block is #31.70 plus VAT. >>

Sorry to see the return of the 1/4" plywood packing  is that really a factory
recomendation?. Quite a few people called me with tales of problems of bent
support plates after they had fitted them.
Also is there any chance of any  technical information on the material from
which the blocks are made, colour  we are told about  but these are not
fashion accessories  so the colour is about the last thing I need to know
about the material unless it is used as an identifier to defrentiate between
two different spec' materials.   IF  that is the case then  I for one would
like to see   the different specs of the two materials.  It may  well confuse
me but we can read and may eventually be able learn enough to make  more
informed decisions about  our  future actions concerning the  u/c  if we knew
the characteristics of the materials we are using.   In particular I would
like to see  any feature of the specification which would quantify its
ability to  disipate energy  and thus  tend to dampen the ocillations of the
swinging arm.   At worst we might be able to decide if, or not, a red block
with a 1/4" spacer is the equivalent of  a black block without packing.

Also  many of us have already carved a V into our blocks   with black blocks
is that required or not and if anyone  ( I know there are some )   has a red
uncut block  and wish to fit damper kits should they still cut Vs in addition
to the holes they have to cut from the  blocks to fit the dampers?

Is there a sheet explaining the 9 degree  ground angle or have I missed it.

Ron S No 33.