Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks

Subject: Re: Damper kit / rubber blocks
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 08:22:25
My inclination (so far theoretical, if not heretical) is to bypass all this
rubber block stuff and go straight for a nice conventional adjustable coil
spring/damper arrangement. If you look at current racing motorcycle/car
technology, they use short stroke alloy dampers, adjustable for both
compression and rebound damping, as well as spring preload. There are
certainly units about that would seem to fit the bill: I believe all F1 cars
use Penske shocks, often (if not universally) with titanium springs.
(Somewhat expensive, but ever so light)

Anyone have any idea what the effective spring rate is on the Europa
suspension system?

Miles