Re: Europa-List: prop bolts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: prop bolts
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:07:14
Svein and Others,

I'm not sure I agree with this method. I don't think the torque wrench  knows
how long a handle is exerting the force. I think that it will still  "click"
at the setting you set it at. If the proper setting is 50 inch lbs (EU's  have

to do the conversion) and you set it the torque wrench for 25 inch lbs,  then
the wrench is going to click when you have 25 inch lbs exerted on it. And
your bolt is only torqued to 25 inch lbs, not 50. Making the handle longer only

allows you to have to exert 1/2 the pressure to get that 50 inch lbs to the
torque wrench.

Am I missing something here?

Mike Duane  A207A
Redding, California