Re: Europa-List: prop bolts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: prop bolts
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:15:31
Svein,

Please have no fear at offending me as I feel this is a very good example of
a learning discussion and I appreciate your input.

Now back to the discussion, I understand your point and equations in this
discussion. My only concern is changing the setting of the torque wrench. I feel

that no matter what length spanner is added to the end of the torque wrench,
the only thing that changes is the amount of force your hand needs to exert in

order to achieve the torque wrench setting and get the click. If a bolt needs
to be torqued at 50 inch lbs, then the torque wrench needs to be set at 50
inch lbs.

Unless you are saying that the spanner extension is on the bolt and then the
torque wrench is attached to the end of the spanner? My idea is that the
torque wrench is on the bolt. Is this the difference in our points of view?

Mike Duane
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru 3300