Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?
From: John Roedseth <roedseth@pt.lu>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 13:00:59

Hi Clive & Europa Fans! I have a Tri-gear Motorglider LX-CWT, which I have been
flying about 300+ hours since 2011. I bought it in 2009 as a mono-wheel, made
a couple of flights,  before rebuilding to tri-gear. There was an article in
the Europa Flyer in the last edition before last Xmas about my experience with
the motorglider.
I have a hangar space for LX-CWT, and as the plane did not fit anymore, I sold
the trailer to Ian Cook. The trailer was made by Anschau in Germany, who
probably
still have the drawings if you need one made.
My experiences with the motorglider are largely positive. It will never be a
high
performance sailplane, but offers fun and above all, it is a very economical
touring plane. Not as fast as the short wing, but with 110-115 knots cruise
and 13 to 15 liters per hour, who cares? John

Read this topic online here: