RE: Europa-List: Re: Fly day

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Fly day
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 10:51:14

Hi! Remi.
The official Rotax plan to bleed the oil cooler calls for the top of the
tank to be pressurized (so you are correct partly ) however  it is not to
use all the oil in the tank or the oil system would be taking in air
defeating the objective of bleeding the cooler. Having embarked on bleeding
the oil cooler provided the tank level remains adequate  and is topped up to
remain sure the oil cooler is evacuated of air,( that should be sufficient
to achieve oil pressure on the instrument) then replace the ignition plugs
and top up with oil which will pressure oil from the sump to the oil pump
and so evacuate the sump again.( BUT BE SURE NOT TO FINISH UP WITH THE TANK
OVER FILLED!)( Almost wish I hadn't entered into this issue !)
Regards to all
Bob Harrison G-PTAG